- Representative Cynthia Thielen has served the 50th District (Kailua, Kaneohe Bay) in the Hawai‘i State Legislature since 1990 and is the Assistant Minority Floor Leader.
- Thielen is a member of the Judiciary (ranking member); Agriculture; Public Safety; and Ocean, Marine Resources & Hawaiian Affairs Committees.
- Representative Thielen is a tireless advocate for industrial hemp cultivation and co-sponsored the Industrial Hemp Act of 2014. She has been instrumental in establishing the recent industrial hemp project at University of Hawai‘i as well as Hawaii’s previous hemp project which was initiated in 1999.
- Representative Thielen is also a member of the Women’s, Keiki, Kupuna and Local Food Caucuses, and sponsors bills to protect Hawaii’s environment and to improve the quality of life for Hawaii’s women and children. She has also been a strong supporter of wave energy as an important alternative energy resource for our islands.
- Representative Cynthia Thielen attended Stanford University, Case Western Reserve University, and the University of Hawai‘i, graduating with a degree in law. She is a founding member of the UH Law Review.
June 10, 2017
10:30 - 10:35